Tuesday, November 29, 2011

C4T John Mikulski

library




For the month of November I had the pleasure of following the blog of John Mikulski called Classroom in the Cloud. The first post I read was instructions on how to make a pop screen that would help with hissing and popping noises in podcasts. This screen could be made from common household items and I was blown away by it. In EDM310, we visit all kinds of sites and blogs. This was the first post I have seen of this nature. I commented back letting him know how interesting I thought the post was and how helpful I thought it would be.
The second post I read was about creating a classroom library. He posted his answers to a survey on the topic. I commented back and let him know how much I enjoyed the post because it was something I had never considered before, but I felt that it would be a valuable resource to my students. People think that so much of History is fact based and that is true. However, if you ask 3 different historians "What was the cause of WWI?" You might get 3 different answers. There is a lot in history that can be left up to your own interpretation or evaluation of the material and facts. I want to provide my students with as many opportunities as possible to find those answers themselves and not take everything I say as an absolute. A classroom library is just one way to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment