Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog Assignment 14

music


Jose Picardo's website, Box of Tricks is full of information and resources available to teachers. The list of links that he has available is of websites that he reads regularly. It is quite a long list, but each one has something useful on it. He also has a list of resources that is full of websites, programs, etc. Some of the programs he listed are programs that we have used in EDM310 and several others were suggested for download at the beginning of the semester.
The video of his "Top 10 Tips for Teachers" listed several things that we have already used this semester. The one thing that he mentioned that we never really talked about was using music in the classroom. Kids love music and they respond to it very well. I think that is something to definitely consider and I'm sure that I will be adding his website to my PLN!

1 comment:

  1. I have always thought that incorporating music into the classroom is a great idea! I definitely think that there is something about it that can calm a person. Maybe it would be best not to use music with words unless it is a song that is being used for a specific purpose. Just having music playing makes it so much easier for me to relax and focus! I have playlists just for studying!
    Great work, Robin!

    ReplyDelete